Wilson County Beekeepers Association Members:
Our next meeting is August 2nd at the Wilson Agriculture Center. Refreshments are at 6:30 with the meeting starting at 7:00. If you are able, please bring a snack to share. We will be having door prizes. Please donate items, they do not have to be bee related.
We will be having a demonstration on how to treat your hives for mites.
Our by-laws and constitution were approved at the Summer Conference. Our club is officially a club!!
National Honey Bee Day is on August 18th – Beekeepers of the Nuese will be having an event in Goldsboro for those that would like to attend. Will have more information at the meeting.
Don’t forget – we are selling raffle tickets for a nuc to be given away at our October meeting.
Any thoughts, suggestions or questions - please share with the members or reach out to one of the officers at any time.
Be sure to check out our Facebook page – Wilson County Beekeepers Association – there are some interesting posts by our members!
Call to order
- President Bruce Petway called to order the regular meeting of the Wilson County Beekeepers Association at 7:00 P.M. on August 2, 2018.
- Financial report: See attachment Balance is $487.71
- We were approved at the state conference to become a chapter. James Dove presented us with a framed certificate.
- Bobbie Butts will chair the refreshment committee.
- President Bruce Petway reminded everyone to wear name tags and buy tickets for the nuc to be given away in October. Having door prizes at each meeting.
- Would like to have a calendar of events – for what to do in hives each month. A handout was made available. Have discussed having a calendar made that we can sell as a fundraiser. Andrea Ullberg is fundraising chairperson.
- Greg Wolgemuth volunteered to organize our bee school. We will be having it here at the Ag Center on March 9, 2019. It’s an 8 hour class and can test at a later date.
- Carl Pennington and Tommy Batts will be checking on a county fair booth. Greg Wolgemuth will have materials for the booth we can use.
- Libraries are available at the State beekeepers office, can get books sent to you if you are a NCSBA member. Wayne Community College also has books.
- August 18th is National Honey Bee Day, Beekeepers of the Neuse will have an event in Goldsboro from 9-3. Our club can have a booth at the Wilson Farmer’s Market, free, Andrea Ullberg will head the committee and Rebecca Batts and Kelly Lancaster will help.
- President Bruce Petway presented a program on the different ways to treat for mites and hive beetles.
- Next meeting is September 13th
- President Bruce Petway adjourned the meeting at 9:00 P.M.
- Minutes submitted by: Secretary Bobbie Butts